13 September 2012 | Victoria Nicholson
It’s that time of year again. Victoria Nicholson, demand manager at Omega Pharma, offers some advice on making the return to work after a holiday less traumatic.
● Rest up: while on holiday, make the most of your time off so that when you return to work you feel refreshed, energised and able to take on new challenges.
● Manage your time: if you commute to work, use this time to catch up on the influx of unanswered emails and get ahead of the game before you even arrive at your desk.
● Prepare: on your first day back arrive with a plan so you can focus on your priorities.
● Communicate: speak with colleagues to find out what work you have missed so you can catch up quickly.
● Be directive: establish what work needs to be done and give direction early to those in your team who will be working with you on the particular project.