8 November 2012 | Emma Richards
Emma Richards, head of the procurement and supply chain practice at Alium Partners, offers tips for securing an interim role.
- Networking: tools such as LinkedIn are important to demonstrate your skills and experience. Register with interim management agencies, but be selective.
- Referrals: a good reputation spreads fast.
- Training: keep abreast of the latest procurement industry developments. Qualifications from awarding bodies such as CIPS help to differentiate you.
- Events: membership of CIPS means you can attend industry-specific events.
- Delivery: showing a 100 per cent delivery record in previous interim assignments is a powerful tool. Demonstrate how you obtained the results required.
- Writing: writing blogs and articles for professional publications can enhance your standing. This exposure can provide opportunities.