13 December 2012 | Christian Marryat
Christian Marryat, managing director of Mirage Parties, gives his top tips for how to behave at the office Christmas party.
- Manage your alcohol intake and alternate with soft drinks.
- Keep moving. Don’t sit down, once you do you’re trapped. Trapped people can say things they regret.
- Dress appropriately. Your hottest clubbing gear might not be the best idea.
- Arrive early, that way you can leave early if necessary.
- Keep it light. Don’t have in-depth conversations about business, politics or religion.
- Have a buddy system. If you have mates from work, look out for each other. If one is getting out of hand, the others can pull him/her aside to drink water/coffee.
- Don’t take on dares. They seem funny at the time, but are always lived to regret.
- Remember, you will be working with your fellow party goers tomorrow. Don’t make it awkward.